Director of Environmental Services
General Statement of Duties:
The Director of Environmental Services (EVS) is responsible for the development of departmental objectives, the establishment of programs and procedures to meet these objectives, the maintenance of a high quality staff of personnel within the department and the controlling and evaluating of the overall departmental objectives to support the MHS in providing optimum patient care. The Director of Environmental Services must have knowledge of cleaning materials, cleaning equipment, and their proper use.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, attractive, and sanitary environment for patients, physicians, volunteers, employees and visitors; also responsible for maintaining an adequate linen service.
- Plans staffing requirements for the department insuring adequate manpower at all times by establishing, reassigning or deleting personnel positions in conformance to necessary changes, and submits changes to administration for approval.
- Preparing and timely submittal of various annual and/or monthly reports, i.e., capital and operating budgets, departmental reports, etc.
- Advise Administration as to standards and procedures relating to institutional sanitation and cleanliness.
- Counsels and maintains or directs maintenance of attendance and work performance records on
employees. Interviews, selects, and processes all personnel.
- Directs departmental orientation and on-the-job training for all Environmental Services employees.
- Completes payroll and manages paid time off requests.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
- Education and Experience:
Two years of college coursework. Five years supervisory experience in the
EVS field in the past five years can be substituted for the college coursework.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
- Preferred: College degree in Business Management. Prefer experience gained in a
Hospital. Formal courses in Environmental Management are desired with N.E.H.A.,
A.S.H.E.S. Certification preferred. Prior Environmental Services Management
experience is preferable at the Assistant Director of Director level.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: None
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medina Healthcare System is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Open until filled