Category:Health Information Management (HIM)
Health Information Management
Compiles, verifies, prepares, and files medical records of hospital or other health care facility by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up charts from various departments.
- Ensure all records for the day's discharges or visit are accounted for and follow-up with the respective departments if not received.
- Ensure all records are assembled in accordance with approved record order.
- Accurately and timely analysis of records for documentation completeness, to include concurrent analysis.
- Assist healthcare providers in completion of their medical records to include record accessibility; providing accurate and timely deficiency notices.
- Track incomplete and delinquent medical records.
- Promptly and appropriately handling release of information requests in accordance with state and federal law, and hospital policy and procedures.
- Ensure receipt of appropriate authorization and accurate invoice statements
- Utilizing ROI log to ensure compliance with HIPAA regulation regarding Accounting of Perform specialized health information activities necessary to organize, maintain and use the electronic health record consistent with the health record policies and standards.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to patients.
- Register newborn babies into appropriate reporting systems and submits data to the state
- Follow strict confidential guidelines. Contributes to the overall success of the Health Information Management team.
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations and accrediting bodies including but not limited to HIPAA and CMS
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 1 year of clerical experience in health care field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medina Healthcare System is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Open until filled