Pool - As needed basis
Summary The PRN Mammography Technologist will provide patient orientation, procedure explanation, and pre/post diagnostic care to the completion of tests and will monitor video display of the area being scanned and will adjust the density or contrast to improve picture quality. The ideal candidate will be flexible to work varies shifts as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs complete diagnostic imaging tests inclusive of positioning patient
- Explains procedure to patients, position and immobilize patients’ breast in unit, and observe in scanning process.
- Calibrates equipment and documentation of findings under direction of physician
- Assists patients with basic patient care needs.
- Uses safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
High school diploma at minimum. Associate degree or higher preferred.
Licenses or certifications
Current mammography credentials required. ARRT, AED, TMB and CPR required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications. Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills. Calm, professional demeanor, ability to relate with public, medical staff, and hospital staff in any situation. Ability to adapt to fast-paced, ever-changing environment that demands tact and confidentiality. Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medina Healthcare System is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Based on experience
Open until filled