IT Systems Administrator
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the development, testing, and implementation of desktop PCs, laptops, physical & virtual servers, and other end user devices’ standards, security, and deployment procedures. This includes the development and implementation of OS images, deployment & installation scripts, procedures for imaging devices, and execution of software installation & distribution. The position will be jointly responsible for the overall health & management of the active directory, servers, and end user devices environments. When problems arise, effecting quick and permanent solutions with minimal downstream effects is expected.
- Installs, configures, and manages server/workstation hardware, Windows/Unix operating systems, and enterprise applications, including the Microsoft 365 & Office suite, MS Exchange, Centriq EHR applications, single sign-on system, and others, in a highly available environment.
- Manages file system security on local and network storage.
- Manages the Legacy & Hybrid Active Directories (User accounts, Group Policy, Organizational Units, Network Printing, DDNS, ISA, IIS, Clustered server environments).
- Manages third-party cloud services. Administers and migrates scalable, secure, and stable applications to the cloud and serves as the subject matter expert resource for service delivery areas.
- Automates technical & administrative processes, where possible, utilizing current industry scripting languages.
- Tests and installs new software releases, system upgrades, patches, and resolves related issues.
- Plans, designs, sustains, and performance-tunes storage area network, ensuring a high level of data quality and availability, as well as provision storage and monitor usage, capacity, and performance.
- Creates, Tests, Seeks Feedback On, Implements, and Manages Group Policies, and helps maintain appropriate network security groups for the organization's legacy and hybrid Active Directory structure.
- Performs Web server administration and support of server-based corporate applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Handles tickets/incidents/problems as assigned in the help desk’s ticketing system, and balances response with other ongoing tasks, projects, and initiatives
- Serves as one of the escalation points for the technicians. Reassigns problems/tasks to tech support specialists after providing guidance, troubleshooting advice, or probable solution(s).
- Regularly analyze and review logs to determine if problems are imminent and identify, communicate, develop & implement solutions before the issue(s) occur.
- Monitor online security for users and networks and take appropriate steps to prevent breeches and responds to vulnerabilities
- Identify tech support problem areas (i.e., negative trends) and, if warranted, implement corrective actions
- Perform ongoing training for tech support staff in current & new processes, procedures, tools, and systems.
- Coordinate with vendors and/or consultants, as needed or assigned by higher level IT staff, to resolve issues and/or perform required maintenance
- Consults with director and/or management to analyze computer system needs & operations, to determine scope & priority of projects, and vendor selections
- Support the director & manager in developing, maintaining, and testing of disaster recovery plans
- Support and advise the director in making recommendations and plans for system development, hardware & software purchases, budgeting, and staffing the department
- Support & advise director in managing information system policies, security, and controls to ensure data & systems integrity and regulatory compliance
- Monitors network systems for security breaches, assists in investigating violations when they occur.
- Establishes secure system configuration baselines and monitors changes.
- Applies system hardening best practices to workstations, servers, and other end user devices.
- Administers security systems such as; Data Loss Prevention, Encryption, Endpoint Protection, SIEM, Vulnerability Scanners, IDP/IPS devices, and Enterprise System Management Technologies.
- Ensures servers and workstations are scanned for viruses, malware, other unwanted software, and perform removal procedures as applicable.
- Implements Operating System security updates and patches management for all domain systems.
- Performs hardware/software auditing/deployment using available tools or locally developed solutions.
- Manages the mobile device management system, performs routine audits to help ensure policy compliance, and executes policy compliance measures on offending devices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medina Healthcare System is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Open until filled