Registration Clerk (Devine)
Category:Rural Health Clinics
The Patient Access Representative (PAC-I) greets patients and performs patient access functions to expedite patient flow and enhance the patient experience while maintaining confidentiality, professionalism and ethics continuously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets and directs patients and visitors in person and over the phone utilizing customer service principles.
- Provides information regarding services and additional assistance as required.
- Quickly answers or properly refers questions and issues.
- Check-in patients presenting for clinical outpatient services. Verifies appropriate documentation on orders is appropriate. Contacts physician’s offices to obtain new orders as needed.
- Collects patient owed cost sharing amounts (copays, deductibles, coinsurance, full costs [non-covered/self-pay]) in accordance with Standard Operating Procedure as well as referring patients to Enrollment and Eligibility, when applicable. Reconciles cash drawer at end of shift.
- Ability to work independently and perform critical work under deadlines
- Knowledgeable about healthcare procedures if patient is unable to pay, ability to assist patient in completing appropriate documents for financial assistance of clinical bills.
- Knowledgeable about patient accounts and has the ability to explain them to patients. Is responsible for collection of any account when approached by patient.
- Maintains daily work queue, quality assurance, and established productivity levels with minimal errors,
- Provides the highest quality of care to our patients by complying with Medina Healthcare System policies and procedures. May be required to work beyond normal scheduled shifts.
- Attends all mandatory educational, compliance and safety program sessions.
- Assists in staff training of peers, colleagues and management, as applicable or requested.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medina Healthcare System is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Open until filled