Category:Rural Health Clinics
Summary: The Medical Scribe ensures accurate and timely documentation of the medical chart under the supervision of the medical provider. The Scribe assists the provider by accompanying them during the patient exam recording detailed information into the electronic medical record (EMR). The Scribe performs other related medical record or clerical duties to increase provider effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity for improved patient flow and satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and assembling medical record documentation/charts for physician(s)
- Entering the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications
- Ensuring medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation to include: Scribe name, title, physician as well as specific date and time entry
- Updating patient history, physical exam and other pertinent health information in the patient record
- Preparing and sending documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures
- Monitoring the duration of basic lab results and screening procedures
- Compliance with hospital policies, including those relating to HIPAA and CMS
- Regular and reliable attendance at assigned facility required
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned
- Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical terminologies and techniques taught
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events accurately and cogently
- Ability to spell proofread and edit documentation
- Keyboard proficiency (approximately 60 words/minute).
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software applications.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that routinely involves exposure to highly-sensitive medical information.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally
- Understanding of and commitment to appropriate protection of confidential patient information
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write and comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Technical/Computer Skills: Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College sophomore status or higher preferred. Pre-health career track preferred. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Medina Healthcare System is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses. This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Open until filled