As of February 23, 2021, one visitor will be allowed in the following patient care areas:
- Emergency Department
- Outpatient Surgery
- Obstetrical Ultrasounds
- Labor & Delivery Department
- Med/Surg Department
This visitor will be the designated support person for the patient and remain consistent during the stay. Visitors are not interchangeable.
- Be at least 10 years of age
- Wear a mask at all times, including in patient rooms
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times
- Never gather in hallways or other common areas of the facility
- Have no close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Have no signs or symptoms of lower respiratory illness
Tobacco Use: As recent health studies have found, tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death and disease in the U.S. As a healthcare organization, Medina Regional Hospital is taking a lead role in addressing this major health issue. Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco, or any other tobacco-related products, is not permitted at any Medina Regional Hospital facility or within the Medina Healthcare System by patients or visitors. Tobacco use can be a serious physical and emotional addiction, and Medina Regional Hospital offers support to its patients. Visitors may not use tobacco on hospital property.