Makes 8 servings.
1 cup carrots, cut into long, thin strips
2 cups bean sprouts
2 cups cucumber, seeded and cut into long, thin strips
1 cup minced scallions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
8 rice paper wrappers
- Toss first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in warm water until soft (1 to 2 minutes). Shake off excess water.
- Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper, and fold like an egg roll (tuck in the sides to keep the filling inside).
- Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and rice paper wrappers.
- After you have assembled all the spring rolls, serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 roll. Amount per serving: 70 calories, 1g total fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 16g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 2g total fiber, 28mg sodium.